- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (approximately ¼ cup)
- 10 anchovies, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lb fusilli, cooked al dente
- 4 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium flame and sauté the garlic until golden, about two minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the garlic. Add the onions to the saucepan and sauté for three to four minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the anchovies and 1 ⅓ cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for four minutes, occasionally stirring. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the basil and parsley. Uncover and simmer for two minutes, and remove from the heat.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high flame, add the breadcrumbs, and toss gently until lightly browned.
Place the cooked fusilli in a large serving bowl. Spoon the sauce over the pasta and toss to mix. Sprinkle with the toasted breadcrumbs and serve immediately.